Museum Field Trip

Museum Field Trip

This past week my classmates and I went to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Science. Overall, it was a really fun experience. My favorite parts were being off campus, the dinosaurs, and being with friends. 

As I mentioned I enjoyed the dinosaurs. One thing about the dinosaurs I really enjoyed was the way they made it interactive. For example, there was a dinosaur leg in the middle of the place my group was standing. Another thing that was really cool was when you looked up and there were three flying dinosaurs! Also, on these different floors you could look at the dinosaurs from different angles.

After we finished eating lunch and touring the museum we went around downtown Raleigh. The main purpose of this was to look at Confederate statues. These statues are a part of our history but a very negative part for some. I do think about how these statues should be taken down because they might insult people’s history and they could have a negative reflection on our state.

On a second note we also went to the RACE Exhibit. This exhibit talked about how race is not scientific, it is just a category that people with light skin make to enforce their power. This exhibit was very interesting, eye opening, and helpful. One thing that really stood out to me was the colors on the posters were very bright and made the posters more interesting to read. I really enjoyed getting off campus and I hope to do it again.

29emmyt

One Comment